Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Details
Okay, so when I wrote my email to everyone making my announcement, it was really late at night, and because it’s check out time, work has been crazy, so I’m sorry for not getting this up sooner. Please don’t hate me and not come to my open house. Anyway, here are the details on how he asked me. First, a little necessary back ground. For my birthday, I had my roommate do a photo shoot with me. Later she printed off some of the pictures. She had two 8x10s of the same picture that the printers messed up the color on, so I decided to give one of the pictures to Johnny. On Thursday, I met Johnny after my class in Salt Lake and we hung out in the city. My car was still by the Salt Lake Center, so that’s where we parted company. I told him I had a present for him and gave him the picture. We had a conversation that when I told me roommate about made her check for a ring. I thought she was crazy since I didn’t intent to get married any time soon. However, that night I did decide that I did want to marry Johnny. Coincidentally, that was the day Johnny decided to propose. On Saturday when I was going to see him next, we were planning on going to breakfast. On the way to his car, he told me he had a present for me. I thought that was sweet but unnecessary, since I had just given him a picture with no strings attached. He told me it was a poem, I asked if it was a limerick. (I had just written one for my biology class that I read to him, I’m not insane) He said it was more like a Shel Silverstein poem and that he had been trying to write me one for awhile. I told him about how I lost my VL over a poem. (He didn’t really appreciate that right before he proposed, but I was clueless) He drove past the turn off to go to breakfast, and when I asked about it, he said that I had to read the poem under a tree. So we drove up by the Provo temple, in the field below it is a big pine tree that he had picked on his way to my apartment. When I got out of the car, he gave me the poem and a red rose (first time he’s ever given me a red one), which I thought was cute. I read the poem underneath the tree. He was right, it was like a Shel Silverstein poem, but it was romantic too. After I finished, I said thank you (still clueless, although when he stood up to help me up, I was grateful that he didn’t stop on his knees) he gave me a hug and said something cute like that he wanted to be with my forever, then he got on his knee and asked me to marry him. I said “yes, of course” and he said “really?” I ended up saying yes about four times. I guess Johnny’s parents had asked him if they thought I would say yes, which was the wrong thing to say. The poor boy was so nervous he was shaking. After I said yes, he told me he had another present for me. He gave me a dozen red roses. Then we went out to breakfast and picked a date. Then we went ring shopping and I picked out my ring myself. I think it’s pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment