Here's my inspiration for February's Wreath
it's another one that I didn't have instructions for online. Consequently, what looked pretty straight forward was actually a little difficult. So I'm going to do something I might not again, which is post my finished wreath first. Because my instructions won't be at all useful if you don't want a wreath like mine.
And these are the other versions to emerge:
For these you need a thin hoop and lots of strips of tulle. Simply tie the strips on the hoop and add a ribbon.
For my version you need:
- 10" embroidery hoop ($3 @ JoAnn's)
- 4 pieces of tulle, 22" x 2 yrds. (I bought some bolts online for $12, so everyone chipped in $5)
- straight pins
- rubber band
- glue gun & sticks
- a tool to help you glue. Mine was that green dough cutter. Because tulle has holes. And hot glue is hot.
- Sparkly, curly q's ($1.50 after Christmas sale @ Walmart)
- scissors
- Valentine ribbon (already had)
Total
$9.50
1) First spread out the tulle and layer the colors whatever way you want them in the final wreath. Mine was red, white, red, white.
2) Next fold the tulle until it's half of it's original length, or 1 yrd. Use the straight pins to keep it the shape you want.
3) This step is the hardest. Arrange the tulle in a circle on top of the bottom of the embroidery hoop. Since the idea is to close the hoop over the tulle and fold the tulle over, you need to fit the tulle around the hoop at half of the height, or about 11". This is difficult because you have half the tulle sticking up in your way.
This is where the rubber band comes in.
4) Rubber band the tulle in the middle and close the other half of the embroidery hoop over the tulle. Take off the straight pins.
5) Fold the tulle over the embroidery hoop. Use hot glue to keep the tulle flat and in the position you want.
6) Cut the curly q's to the length you want. Glue them onto the embroidery hoop so they stick out in the middle of the wreath.
7) Put the ribbon around the wreath. Tie a bow and hang.
My favorite part of my wreath is my ribbon. I already has this transparent white ribbon that I couldn't really use for sewing. I also had lots of tiny buttons I bought in a lot sale on eBay because the rest of the buttons are good for I Spy bags (that's another post). Anyway, I cut out a heart on paper, put the ribbon over it and glued the buttons around it. I love how it turned out.
Happy February!

1 comment:
nice! Thanks for posting this. I like reading your step by step even though I already lived it. I am weird like that. I am not too sure that I love what my arm looks like holding up your wreath. Possibly I should lift weights or something to tone up my arm before I am an arm model again.
Post a Comment