There are many things I love about this dress, the color, the fabric, the style and only a few disappointments.

One day I will learn to fit the pattern before I cut anything out. One day I will fit as I go. One day I will be able to properly tailor something. August was not that day. Consequently, the sleeves are a little too small for my muscular and well-toned arms. That will not stop me from wearing it. Beauty knows no pain, right?
Things I Learned Making This Dress:
- How to make a proper collar. Johnny claims I put collars on everything, which isn't true since this is only the second collar I've done this year, and ever for that matter. But this is the best one. I could use much more practice, but the instructions were kind, and I really took my time sewing it on.
- The best way to put ribbons on sleeves. The instructions were pretty nice to give me that suggestion too.
- I haven't adjusted a skirt like this before. I cut out a lot of bulk in the top skirt, and added netting to the bottom skirt for permanent fullness.
- It is really important to me to break up the dress with some color variance. I'm pretty proud of the way the collar and the tie does that for this dress.
Please ignore the crookedness of the back. Let's hope it doesn't look like that while I'm wearing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment