Friday, October 22, 2010

September's Dress



This is the first dress that has been completely free for me. The pattern was a gift from a co-worker. The pink material came from my grandma, and the floral print was in a stash from my mother-in-law. So all I had to do was give a little time, and it didn't take much. Which was a blessing because I had a lot of side projects to work on in September and I was able to get most of them done.

This is definitely a Saturday dress. Great for cleaning, hanging up laundry, and such. Light and breezy for summer. Too bad summer is almost over.

My favorite thing about this dress is the pockets. I love it when they are a focal point so I don't have to squeeze them in on my own.

Things I Learned Making This Dress:
  • Don't sew late at night. I already knew this, but I got tired and took twice as long because I had to unpick almost every seam. I sewed the front piece on, beautifully, I might add, before I remembered I forgot the pockets. Then I sewed the back before I remembered I needed to sew the zipper first.
  • There's something that was a first for this dress: sewing in an invisible zipper by machine. I think I did a pretty good job.

No comments: