Sunday, July 01, 2012

July Wreath

When I saw this picture, I thought it would make a great Patriotic wreath, just change it to red, white, and blue.


Supplies:
  • 3-6" grapevine wreaths $.79 each (This is definitely the cheapest and lightest option.)
  • 200-1/2" pom poms of each color $15 online before shipping
  • ribbon $2.50 at Michaels
  • lots and lots of glue
Total:
$20 approx.


1) I didn't do this step, but I'd recommend it.  Spray paint the wreaths the colors of the pom poms.

2) Hot glue the pom poms to the wreath.  I did one layer for coverage and one layer for poofiness.  200 was pretty perfect.

3) Glue the ribbon to the back of the wreath.  The length depends on the final look you want, of course, but 3" is a pretty good place to start.
4) Add bows if you're super cute like my friend.  I must say, fat yarn goes perfectly with pom poms. And I'm totally in love with polka dots.

5) Hang and enjoy.  As you can see, my ribbon between is about 6" instead of 3, but I have a lot of door I can cover.  Also, I didn't add any bows, but I still love it.


No comments: