Because I loved June's dress so much, I decided to make the same pattern, but the other incarnation for this dress at Johnny's request.
Luckily, I had some pretty seersucker that was also screaming for a sundress. 
Luckily, I had some pretty seersucker that was also screaming for a sundress. I had to add some length to the midriff band since it was too snug in the Diabetes Dress. This time it was perfect. Still had the same problem with the straps, though. And Johnny made sure that I had the stripes going in the right direction on the bodice and the midriff band. I think he's picking up some sewing knowledge as well.
Things I Learned Making This Dress:
- While I did appreciate the instructions for this pattern the first time through, for this version they left out an important step, which luckily I have enough experience to catch. So while I love the back of this dress,
it would have had some raw edges, or some hastily sewn under seams rather than being nicely tucked into the lining.
- I need some more practice understitching. Like basting, it's a step I usually skip that I decided to do this time. I think it does help, but I'm really bad at it, which means the point of the V in the bodice is not as awesome as it was originally.
First Time I:
- Made such small straps, and if I ever have to do that again, I want one of those tools that will basically do it for you, cause I broke a seam ripper doing it by hand.
1 comment:
I love this dress!! (I don't remember seeing June's dress, by the way.) I want to see a picture of you wearing it!!
Post a Comment