Saturday, August 25, 2012

August Wreath

Here's our inspiration for the August wreath:

Supplies:
  • One 14" grapevine wreath  $4
  • Artifical flowers -- mine were 40% off @ Michaels  $6
  • Ribbon  $1
  • Wooden letter  $1
  • Spray Paint -- I already had some, so free for me
  • Hot glue gun & glue
Total
$12


I kind of wanted to put my house numbers on this wreath, but I couldn't find any large wooden numbers.  I found some when I went after-Christmas shopping, but wasn't smart enough to get them then.  Oh well.

1) While your hot glue gun is warming up, tie your bow.  


2) Cut the steams off your flowers. That is an accurate length, you want to leave only about 1"-1 1/2", just enough to poke into the wreath, but not enough to stick out the back.
3) Position everything on the wreath to decide where you want things.

4) Start gluing things down.  I started with the letter, then glued down the leaves.  I really liked them, so I decided to add them to the wreath.

 5) When gluing the flowers, I found it best to position them, finding a good spot in the grapevine wreath to stick them through, then coat them with glue and stick them back in.
Sorry this picture is out of focus.  It was challenging to hold stuff and take pictures at the same time.
 6) I put my bow on last and used wire to secure it on the wreath.
 7) Add ribbon to hang it on the door.  I think we agreed that gluing a loop on the back was the best option. I put wire around mine so that if I get in a situation were the hook is not all the way at the top of my front door, the wreath can look like it's hanging without any ribbon.

Here are the others from the group:


I think she out Bob-Rossed me on this one.
 And here's my finished project.

1 comment:

heather.fowers said...

Thanks for acknowledging my Bob Rossing. I can't believe it took me until August.