Monday, February 26, 2007

What happened to the cookies?

Have you ever set out a stack of cookies to help you get through a particularly mind-numbing, or generally boring task? Then as you eat the cookies, you don't really pay attention to the sugary goodness, just feel the benefits of the sugar rush and notice the after-taste makes you want more cookies. So you look over and see that you have one cookie left. And instead of taking the time to enjoy this last cookie, you eat it in the same take-things-for-granted-can't-think-because-my-mind-is-numb way. Then when the after-taste hits, which it always does, your ten-second attention span has expired and you ask yourself "where did my last cookie go? It was here a second ago?" Man, I hate taking out staples!!

P.S. I have decided after an overpowering response from 1/5 of my viewers to not give up chocolate for Lent because I would not be able to make it through work, or a day at my in-laws. I am instead ceasing to cross my legs. Silly you say? Well not for me. I discovered in high school that my bad knees were aggrevated by my leg-crossing, not to mention that dancing-that gave me the bad knees in the first place-was also affected, since leg-crossing kills turn out. I don't have much of that, and I'd like to presearve what I have. Also it can give you vericose veins as time marches on, and yuck, let's be honest. So after successfully giving it up in high school only to be foiled later on by playing a hoochie in Paint Your Wagon (how come our wrestling match isn't on your top ten list, Mo?), I have once again decided to give up the habit. So you can join in the laughter and confusion with my co-workers who I'm sure have been forced to get creative in order to explain away my random leg spasms as I go to cross my legs and then have to jerk them away from each other.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Dear, of course it's in the top ten. For sure. Paint Your Wagon hookers were the best. . .I loved the garter trick.

Tara Jayne said...

what's the garter trick again?