Don't you hate it when people say that and then show you something that you would never be caught dead wearing/eating/doing/ect. ? Especially when said person is supposed to know you well, i.e. your mother. And sometimes it's something that would have suited you much better 5 years ago. Which just makes the whole situation more sad because either you haven't kept in good enough contact with your friend over the years, or your mother/family member hasn't noticed the changes in you over the past few years. Either scenario isn't pleasant. And then it puts you in such an awkward situation, at least if your me and not at all forthright on your emotional responses or opinions on things. Do you smile and just say "thanks", and then bury (either metaphorically or literally) whatever they give you? Or do you find some polite way to say, "sorry, that's so not me"? Oh the lose-lose situations we get ourselves into. Because who wants to turn away a gift? Especially when it's not for a special occasion. How often do those come around? And the person was thinking of you, you don't want to discourage that kind of behavior.
Anyway, these are the life dilemmas I think about. And this hasn't even happened to me in awhile.
2 comments:
sorry Tara.
I sicked her on you. I am a mean friend.
Hey! Remember that dress site you showed me? I want to look at it. What's the blog name?
Post a Comment