Some of you have already heard of the horrible time we had trying to make it back to Kentucky to see The Captain again. I don't want to get into it, except to say that in the two weeks I was in Brazil, I understood more than I did during the 48 hours of hell we had in airports in the U.S. coming home. Communication is not the travel industry's strong suit. Which it should be.
But enough about that, the trip itself was great.
When we got to Belo Horizonte we didn't have a hotel, so this is me waiting at a mall for a late enough hour to call a hotel.
One of the many beautiful parks in the city. Johnny wanted to bring his wife here one day. Check.
We ate at the most expensive restaurant in Johnny's area. We both agreed it was the biggest waste of money on the trip. But dessert was very pretty.
Johnny's old apartment.
Belo Horizonte at night.
Johnny eating goiabada and quejo minero. One of the things he's missed the most.
We spent the day in Ouro Preto, a town where missionaries are not allowed. It was very old, and very beautiful.
It is built in the mountains on very steep hills.
It has lots of churches because it was the gold mines of Brazil, and one of the only ways to escape the high tax on gold imposed by Portugal was to give it to the church.
So they built lots of churches.
No comments:
Post a Comment