Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blue Period


Our 4th of July was so fun, we started by blueberry picking, had a cook out with our friends, and watched the town fireworks in their driveway. G did his first sparkler, which went remarkably well until it went out and he touched the red part and burned his little hand. I think by next year he'll have forgotten. I didn't have my camera with me, so I didn't get any fun pictures, except of the blueberry picking. Between the berries, G's blue shirt, and his blue eyes, it became a study of blue.
Once he had a taste, we couldn't go back.
He loves dumping things, so I hoped to motivate him to put the blueberries in his bucket, rather than his mouth, but I put more in his bucket than he did.
It was hot, but lots of fun, especially getting his own little glass of water when we were done.
The farm owners were very nice, we'll probably go back to pick blackberries and raspberries. I decided that blueberry picking is my favorite because there aren't any thorns and the plants are tall enough that I didn't have to bend down very much. Nice.

No comments: