Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween

Sorry everyone, I could have sworn I already posted about Halloween, but I guess these are the dangers of sleep-deprivation combined with a busy routine.  Some days I ask myself "did I shower?" and I honestly have no idea.  TMI, I'm sure.  Anyway, we had a really fun Halloween this year.  The Captain is finally old enough that he's interested in and capable of doing toddler crafts, so we did.

We painted pumpkins.  The Captain's was a ghost.
We decorated the front porch with our painted pumpkins and a ghost line The Captain made, and some "foy yeeps" (spider webs)
We did a family theme this Halloween.  

Johnny is a pipe.  He made his costume himself.  Mario and Luigi got to go down.
The Captain loved being Luigi.  He asked me the other day if he could dress up and go trick-or-treating.  It was so cute.  How do you explain just one time to a toddler?
The Captain surprised me this year.  He still doesn't really like wearing hats, but I didn't think he'd like wearing gloves, or having me put a mustache on him.  And he loved both.     
To be honest, we picked this year's theme based on putting a mustache on a pacifier.  But Joy made a really cute Mario.  It's never too early to start cross-dressing.
What's in the question block?  No one knows, but we hope it's not a star.  This boy has enough energy without being invincible and extra fast. 




No comments: