Look who's 3!
I documented the day, so here we go . . .
I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He said chocolate chip pancakes. I think it was a "duh Mom" moment. First of many, I'm sure.
He was very upset that I took a picture of him eating his pancakes. In fact, I have a picture on my computer of his "no pictures" face.
He got calls from his 1 2 Grandmas.
We skipped,
and jumped
to the Farmer's Market, where The Captain's friend gave him a special treat, an apple and two bananas.
After lunch and a nap we went to the park. A new park The Captain wanted to play at the other day, but couldn't.
There are slides,
and tire tunnels,
and tire swings.
Lots of fun. Then we picked up Daddy at work and went out to dinner. The day before, I asked The Captain a series of probing questions (Do you want to go out to eat with just Mommy and Daddy, or with the Baby, too? "Baby too". Do you want to take a little drive, or eat somewhere close? "Little drive". Do you want to eat Mexican or Italian [that took some explaining]? "Pasta!") and we determined we'd go to Sal's Restaurant. It was the perfect place. They were extremely toddler friendly. They had two different activity paper mats. They asked if we wanted his food out first. They gave The Captain a scrap of pizza dough to play with, then they baked it for some special bread for him.
They had Mickey Mouse ravioli.
And all that wasn't even for his birthday, just par for the course. They didn't sing Happy Birthday, but they did have some delicious chocolate cake that we all shared.
When we got home, we opened presents. That was a mistake because it was really late, and it was impossible to convince him to stop playing and go to sleep. And Johnny was off Home Teaching, so I had to tackle that problem on my own. Needless to say, it was a long, sugar-filled day, but very special.












No comments:
Post a Comment