Sunday, February 03, 2013

Resolutions

Okay, I know this is late coming, but I hate January and this one, while not as tough as last year, definitely kept me busy.  Something about moving . . . I don't know.

Anyway, because of this whole moving thing, I've decided that the new year doesn't really start until March.  But I'll post about my New Year resolutions anyway.  Sorry to disappoint, but there will be no monthly projects this year.  I'm not done cooking, or sewing, or crafting, but I don't have time constraints, so you'll have to make due with the random posts when I complete things throughout the year.

Basically, my goal this year is to take better care of myself.  This has many different facets.  On the physical side it involves things like clearing up my skin, taking care of my hair, stuff like that.  On the emotional side of things it means eliminating unnecessary stress.  Since I won't be teaching seminary for the rest of this year (this week is my last one), I have goals to keep reading my scriptures and saying prayers and using Family Home Evening to reinforce the monthly themes in Primary.  That sort of thing.  And for my social health it involves putting together a babysitting co-op so I can guarantee a date night every other week or so.

And as incentives for these goals, once a month I get to do something nice for myself like a massage, or a facial, or a manicure, or a shampoo and style, or whatever.  You get the idea.

I also decided this January to try to out-maneuver Wednesdays at their own game.  For the last four weeks, we have gone out of the house to do something fun on Wednesdays.  We've gone to Chuck E. Cheese, the Science Museum, Romp & Roll, and our friend's house.  It does help to have something fun planned, plus we've worked in a lot of things we wanted to do before we leave.  We have 4 Wednesdays left, so weather permitting, we'll go to the zoo, and the Transportation Museum again, and something else fun, maybe a park or something.

I must say, though, that Wednesday still gets the last laugh sometimes because of adjusted or missed naps.  Sometimes too late naps make everyone cranky and I do have to have dinner already planned and prepped because we usually get home late and hungry.  So maybe more menu planning is on the agenda for this year, too.

In review, I will say that I did a good job last year.  I started my photography business in April, but I haven't done too much with it.  I'll look into that this year.  I have some beautiful wreaths and good friendships.  Mostly I learned a WHOLE LOT about myself.  This was pointed out to me by myself at our last Relief Society Meeting.  We were asked to write down things we didn't like about ourselves, and it made me realize that I no longer focus on those things.  I focus on what I know I'm capable of changing and give myself plenty of praise and help along the way.  Ironically, this last year has turned me into a very positive person.  I think it's because I was forced to focus on the silver lining and enjoy all the hilarious moments that come with parenting.  At one point, my goal was to laugh full out with my stomach once a day.  It did wonders to improve my outlook.

So, there you have it.  Sorry about the lack of pictures, and the lack of posting recently.  I'll try to make up for it.  Though, I will have you know last year I posted more than any other previous year.  Maybe I should try to break that record in 2013 . . .

No comments: