Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So, in an attempt to compensate for the lack of preschool, I've tried to include a nap-time craft for the Captain and myself.  Since it is March, I found a lot of rainbow crafts on Pinterest.  And I haven't used any of them yet.  They did give me some ideas, so we went supply shopping.  I really love art/school supplies.  Due to my not feeling very good (horrible head cold), we still haven't finished this project, but you'll get the idea.  And I'll post some final pics later.

First we water painted a rainbow, since we don't have grass for every color.


Then we glued on the grass.
The Captain was very focused.  

And since St. Patrick's Day was on a Sunday, we had a little celebration on Saturday, and a little on Monday.  Mostly Monday, except we didn't really wear green.  We made some rainbow necklaces for snacks.
Joy worked on her fine motor skills.
The Captain worked on his patterns.
Showing off his rainbow.
All done!
I'm finished, too!
Yum.
She had no problem figuring out how it worked.
We did Family Home Evening with a picnic at the park.  On the way home, we talked about the story of Noah and the Ark and why rainbows are important.  Then for dessert we had this:
 It was a huge hit.  Who knew they'd be perfectly happy with fruit for dessert?  

3 comments:

Teandra said...

It's crazy to see her teeth!! She still looks just like you I think

John P said...

You know you're awesome, right. Not only do you have cute kids, do fun activities, and look good doing it -- but you also take fantastic pictures.

Love you, hun.

heather.fowers said...

Super cute! You are so festive.