Tuesday, December 12, 2006

iPOD ranting

You know how when you were walking down the street a few years ago the only people wearing headphones were people out jogging or exercising, and now everyone wears them . . . yeah that's annoying.

I really don't like iPODs. And those Blue Tooth cell phone head sets either for that matter. What's wrong with using walking time to be able to think. I think we're afraid of reflection. Heaven forbid we should know any more about ourselves. We live in a world were you can live without any human contact--we text message on phones more than actually hearing someone's voice, which is the closest to human contact we get some days, we have instant messagers that let us survive relationships with roommates because we don't actually have to talk to them, and we can do all our shopping online, which cuts out the brief contact with clerks in stores--and yet, with all this time we spend "alone", we are not really alone because will fill that emptiness with so much noise that we can't think. What are we so afraid of?

And we we are at home and not surfing the web, there's always TV because books require too much brain power. We have to imagine scenarios and we might actually relate to a character that could give us insight into ourselves.

Now, lets be honest, though I'm not a hypocrite with the iPODs (I don't own one), I do watch TV, probably more than I should. But I read a novel a week on average, so I don't feel unentitled to my little rant. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Oops, so I totally pasted the same comment at least thirty times on the last two blogs. Sorry about that. . .my computer was being retarded. Could you delete some of those please?

Tara Jayne said...

I'm so glad that you can post something nice about me after I rant online. That's love right there. And I'm glad we're friends too.