So there's mice in my house. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but they're mostly in the basement. They have come up to the main floor a few times, but when my husband had to scare one away that got too close to us while we were watching tv, that's when I decided that getting a cat might not be a bad idea. True, both of us would prefer to get a dog, but a cat will be good with us not being home like ever. It won't hate us, and will appreciate it's independence and house-ownership.
But it just gets worse . . . the other day, I came home went to get some dinner, opened the silverware drawer to get a fork, and noticed that the chopsticks and toothpicks that I keep in there were shreaded and splintered. Then, I noticed the mouse droppings in my measuring spoons. Gross!! So a mouse with a taste for wood apparently found a way to climb into the top drawer right below the counter and eat and poop! Needless to say, we thoroughly washed everything in the drawer, threw out the wood, and cleaned it. But we are getting a cat before Christmas. An orange cat named Guido.
1 comment:
What about M for Morgan? Are you not grateful for me? Well, I guess I'll just have to sway you. Look in your mail for a package from me soonly. . .:)
Post a Comment