I thought in honor of Season Premier week, I would start a series I like to call "Shows that Should Not be on the Air". Or "Shows that Should have Cut and Run Seasons Ago". Take your pick.
The first show that comes to mind is "ER". Before I start into my schpeal, I would to state for the record that I just barely did research on this on IMDB and am not a viewer. At least I haven't been in at least 5 years.
"ER" started in 1994. 1994 people!! It has been going on for 13 years. I was appalled that it has really been that long. Enough is enough people. Their cast is dropping like flies. I don't know the real turnaround rate for e.r. doctors, but if the show is anything to go by, it's not that long. The only cast member who has even come close to sticking around is Maura Tierney and she's only been on since 1999. Still a long time, but the point being all of the original cast members have cut and run and some are doing much better things with their time. Maybe Maura is scared that there is nothing out there waiting, but really, if you never quit, you'll never know, right? And the longer you stay there, the more people will type cast you from your roll on "ER".
NBC keeps pushing and pushing "ER" with big, silly promotions. They put in on Thursdays after their big comedy line up, probably hoping that someone somewhere will just be too lazy to turn the channel to something more popular, like "Grey's Anatomy".
I personally have had enough of the nighttime-hospital-soaps. And I would really like to know, is anyone out there still watching "ER"? And why does the network keep picking it up?
No comments:
Post a Comment