Morgan's blog has inspired me to share my own diploma story.
So I walked early for my graduation. I didn't finish my classes until August, but I walked in April because I wanted the hoopla. What can I say, I'm a middle child. And it was sad because my name isn't even in the program. *sniff*
Anyway, I knew I wouldn't get my diploma until after August, but having never graduated from college before, I didn't know when to expect that. Then I got engaged and so did my sister so I had other things to worry about. Finally, in September I start thinking, hmm, I should probably have my diploma some time around now. So I checked my college website and find out that my diploma hadn't been shipped because there was a fine on my account. Well I looked at my account and sure enough, there was a $17 charge in there.
Now I can understand if I hadn't paid a parking ticket or had library fines or had missed some graduation fee or something, but that would have been the extent of the fines I would have accrued. But the account profile on the website divided charges into categories and parking tickets and the like had a separate category, whereas this charge was listed under 'Miscellaneous'. Confusing to me, to say the least. So I called the college and found out that the answer to the mystery was an answer to another mystery.
I worked for the college my senior year and one of my last pay checks was more than I thought it was supposed to be. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but deposited it in my account, like always. Turns out, they over paid me, by $17 and some change. So I had to pay them for their mistake in my favor in order to get my diploma. Which, by the way, still took them more than a month to get to me.
But on a happy note, looking online to find out why I hadn't received my diploma is how I found out that I graduated Cum Laude. You miss these things when you walk early and your name isn't on the program.
2 comments:
Nice on Tara. Way to be a smarty pants! (In more ways then one)
Hilarious. Maybe BYU just has a problem with giving students their diplomas.
Are you coming to my rockin' party this month? You missed it last time. . .
Can I guilt you any more? :)
Post a Comment