Where have the Tripod videos gone? All I can find is lots and lots of their song "Make You Happy", which granted is a fabulous song and the reason I fell in love with them in the first place, but doesn't really help me when all I want to hear is "Lingering Dad". I guess I shouldn't say 'hear' because as with most comedy, 'seeing' is an important part of any comedic act. And though I found the audio for the part I was looking for on their MySpace page, it just wasn't the same.
This upset me so much that I dreamed about it last night. I had a shopping dream, which frequently happens to me. They are never fun shopping dreams, because I am never able to find what I'm looking for. Either the stores have nothing cute or nothing in my size or are closed or something to prevent me to find what I'm looking for. Which is normally dresses. Or fabric. I think this dream might mirror my conscious frustration with shopping where I have similar problems. Normally only the first two though, stores aren't normally closed. Well, in this version of the shopping dream, I was with my sister and we were looking for dresses and we found some to try on but the dressing room didn't exist and to hunt for it we were sent into the creepy basement of the store. Anyway, she got dresses and I didn't because I was unwilling to stay in the basement. And sometime during the dream, I related to her my frustration about the removal of all the Tripod videos.
It makes me very sad. No more YouTube, no Google Video, no Yahoo, not even ABC australia which is where some of them originally aired. And the even sadder part is that even if I order a DVD from them, it has to ship from Australia and won't arrive forever.
Wo is me.
1 comment:
What the heck is Tripod?
Post a Comment