Friday, December 26, 2008

Halloween

So, I really love Halloween. And this year, despite the fact that I was busy with play rehearsals, I managed to make the costume I wanted last year and couldn't find any where -- Alice in Wonderland.
That's the Cheshire Cat attacking me. Anyway, thanks to my Dressaday obsession, the night before Halloween, I suddenly decided it was absolutely necessary for the dress I had thrown together to have pockets. It was definitely worth it. That was one of my favorite things about it.

I was pretty proud of this dress because I didn't have a pattern, I combined a few and made stuff up, and it ended up working really well.

So, several people asked me if Johnny was dressing up as another Alice character, and despite my goadings to get him to be the mad hatter, he wouldn't. So he dressed up as nothing this year, not wearing nothing, of course, but with no costume. So sad.

2 comments:

Britt said...

I love that you're posting about Halloween the day after Christmas. That just makes me giggle.
Way cute Alice costume. You should have seen the "Alice" we talked to at Disneyland-- she was GOOD.

Marisa Jean said...

Hey Tara, Nice dress! I love it!

Oh, this is Marisa from the old dance days. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that we are having a dance reunion on January 10th. It's gonna be a Pot-luck at 11:30. We are meeting at Allison McFarland's (Edmunds) house. If you'd like to come, email me at marisajean@connect2.com and let me know so I can give you the address. Hopefully you can come!

-Marisa Jean Killpack Larsen-