Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What's going on?!!!

Okay, the title isn't me wondering what's going on, but the answer to the burning question that I'm sure is annoyingly tickling your brain - what is going on with Tara? I heard she was relocating. I heard she had a baby. I heard her husband lost his job.

Well, the first two are true, the third is not, but due to economic circumstances things did change on the work front. Instead of moving to South Carolina in July, we are now moving to Dallas at the end of the month. What?! you say, the end of the month, yes. But, your brand new baby will be only 2 months old. That's true, but he's already been on 4 airplane rides. We flew to Dallas 2 weeks ago to go house hunting. And we found a dream house. It was gorgeous, we fell in love, and the price had just been lowered into our price range. We made an offer, they made a counter-offer, we signed a bunch of documents . . . and then decided not to buy it. Why? you ask. Why give up on a dream house? Well, there are several reasons. First, we aren't sure how long we'll be in Dallas and it would break our hearts to have to sell our dream house in a year. Second, taxes in Texas are like everything else in Texas - very big. Almost double the taxes in Utah in fact. Something that surprised us and made the house just outside our comfortable price range. Third, due to number 2, we wouldn't be able to afford to furnish the house, which means we wouldn't really live in the house at all. So, we found another house that we are working on buying, sight unseen. The DH might fly out to see it before we close, but I don't think it will make much difference. Here is the virtual tour.

We'd be moving Memorial Day weekend and closing on the home on the 29th, hopefully, which means a long-term hotel stay for us. Luckily we have a moving budget that accounts for these things.

But we still have to pack . . .
Any idea where I can find a box for this guy?

Next big question: what is to become of Guido?

5 comments:

Britt said...

Nice house.

I've got some boxes G would fit in, but I don't think he'd like that much.

Are we going to see you before you leave?

Teandra said...

Just as gorgeous as the other one. Good luck!

Marisa Jean said...

Wow. I'm glad I don't ahve nearly as much going on as you do. I gotta say though, I'm DROOLING over your potential house! By the way, it's nice to see pictures of your baby. He's so sweet!

Ann said...

Oh Tara, so sad your moving so far away, but happy too that you get to start a new adventure with your family. Email me you email and I'll send you and invite to my families blog.

adrianne s. said...

So, I just barely got off the phone with Johnny and I am so glad that you have a blog because it will be so much easier for me to keep track of you this way! This house is beautiful!!! I adore the topiaries out front. And Gilbert is just the cutest thing ever! Good luck this week with the move and I can't wait to see you guys soon!