We have lived together continuously for 25 years now. The first five were a wonderful honeymoon where we were both able to close our eyes to the idiosyncrasies of the other. But after all this time, I must honestly admit to you that I don't understand you at all.
I know that your need for independence, your desire to "do whatever you want" steams from childhood horror stories of being stabbed with scissors while cutting your bangs, mediocre hair cuts, and homemade hack jobs. Not to mention the "growing out" period we would both like to destroy all record of. But though I can trace your past, you continue to confuse and frustrate me in the present. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to your decisions to look good. If I knew who you were trying to impress, I could help us both out. But alas, feeble attempts at communication are too new to bring out any soul-rending secrets.
So I fear that I will continue to wonder why you fly away despite any humidity reading, why sometimes you will straighten and sometimes you won't, why some days for no reason at all you reveal effortless natural beauty.
But fear not, I will continue to live with you. I think we've both invested too much time in this working relationship to throw it all away with one fell swoop of a razor. Just please, work with me from time to time. Let's make this grow into something lovely.
Love,
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment