Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday

Guess who had a birthday?
Yes, that's right. And since birthday's are a big deal to me, I set out to make it a good one. After all, it's not every day your husband turns [add appropriate, yet flattering age here].

We went to a Brazilian restaurant for dinner. One that promised to be more authentic then the disappointing versions we had been to in the past. It certainly lived up to it's hype, and since there was a store attached, Johnny came home with a stash of stuff.He's on diet Guarana now that he's old. I don't like cake normally, but it was a birthday, and this recipe is delicious.
I didn't put candles on it because [insert fire hazard joke of your choice].
In addition to his food stash, he had quite a stack of presents.
Including his traditional sweater, this time an argyle.
Which G enjoyed helping unwrap. He did a much better job than at Christmas.
I deem the day a success because the next day I got an email that said, "It was quite possibly my best birthday ever." In addition to other things, of course. And who put this together?
That's right G, it was me.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

I see you got him Omnivore's dilemma, maybe I will read it then. Yum, pao de queo! Was it you that told me you were trying to get Johnny to wear argyle? Very nice, and happy birthday! (Have you gotten my card yet)?