We here at Tara Paper are committed to bringing you the latest and greatest news. And the news this week is ducks, ducks, and more ducks. Yes, strange though it made seem, three duck stories have made their way onto the front page.
First, the votes are in and G's favorite toy is officially his rubber ducky. As you can see in the video, he may be temporarily distracted by other bath toys, but his rubber ducky must never be out of arms reach. I try to keep the ducky restrained to the bath area to maintain its novelty, and we've been mostly successful so far. It has come in handy those times when I really have to use the restroom and I don't want him playing with the toilet paper again.
Okay, the video's kind of lame and boring, but it's been awhile since I've posted one and grandparents are watching.
Second, we went jogging as a family yesterday and saw a crazy bird by the river bank.
Wait, stop the presses, Tara actually went jogging of her own volition and this story is about some bird? Well yes, there's a first time for everything it appears, Invisible Sidekick, including me focusing on non-vital parts of a story.
Anyway, there was a bird that kind of looked like this:


only it had the head of a duck.
So we tried to come up with names that would be appropriate. Drane is good, but kind of taken. So my vote is for cruck. You can vote in the comments.
Lastly, G likes one of his Christmas books that shows pictures of animals and says what sounds they make. I read it to him a lot because I'm pretty good at animal noises. (toot ta toot! That was me tooting my own horn.) The first page of this book asks: What does the fuzzy duck say?
I've been reading this book for awhile, but I finally realized the other day that this would not be a good page to have a case of spoonerism with. Now I try to be very careful, but just because it would be bad, I'm sure to do it some time.
1 comment:
AWESOME spoonerism comment. He he he. I love all your posts, Tara. You're so hilarious!
Post a Comment