Monday, February 08, 2010

Shh, or what I've been doing

Recently in RS, okay, back in September in RS, we were invited to participate in a Quiet Book making workshop. It was supposed to be 4 weeks and we would make 4 pages a week and then almost like magic, half the ward would have quieter children in Sacrament Meeting.

In reality, after the teacher of the workshops had a daughter get married, miscommunications with the RS, a change in Presidency, and the holidays, things got a little . . . delayed. After a few guilt-inducing conversations with said teacher in January, I got my butt in gear and finished this sucker. So here in all it's "I'm tired of constantly changing and rethreading my machine" glory is my version.

The cover: It says "Monkey See, Monkey Do"

The inside cover: Mine is the only one that zips, which is why it's a little skiwhampus when closed

There are five Xs and Os, those not featured are secured in the pouch.













Sometimes I'm WAY to OCD, like with this fruit. I actually sewed circles on the grapes. Time consuming and pointless, I know. Also, I machine quilted the teddy bear blanket above.





Notice the little hand start creeping in. Also, I was trying to point out in this picture that the top of the mitten is velvet and underneath is satin. Which is not enough of an inducement to get G to stick his hand in yet.


This was the first time G had seen what was lurking inside the "purse". There's a fake key in there, too.


This will remain empty until G can actually scribble, then we'll add a pad of paper and some sort of writing device.


Most people did the shapes underneath with the same felt as the top shapes, but I liked having some variety and pretty fabric underneath.


Sorry about the flash shine on the mirror.


This pouch is where all the loose parts can go, since I'm paranoid about losing something.


And now that it's all done, I can start on repairs since velcro is already coming loose and iron ons are not staying on. Some projects remain continuous though they are officially finished.

5 comments:

Teandra said...

wOW!I'm thoroughly impressed. Glad you're my sister.

Melanie S. said...

Very cute! Looks like a lot of work, let me know when they're up for sale!

The Leithead Family said...

Yea! I'm totally copying a bunch of stuff from your book! Have I told you that I started a Quiet Book when I was pregnant with Jane? hah.

Tara Jayne said...

You know, I have you guys for Christmas, so you could just ask for one . . .

Britt said...

Way cute!