So I felt like I've been a bad mother lately, what with the moving, and the trips and the whole I'm-tired-and-I-need-a-vacation thing. And our trip to NYC, while awesome, was not exactly relaxing, or long enough, so Tuesday was not a pleasant day for the G-Man.
I do yoga every morning and on Tuesday he got two time-outs for ripping the glasses off my face during my 20 min. yoga workout. And the day spiraled down hill from there.

So on Wednesday, I decided I'd had enough bad mothering. So when I was doing yoga in the morning and G went for the glasses, I dodged and decided to address the real problem: attention.

I stopped for a minute, asked him if he wanted some attention, and put out my arms for a hug. He gave me the longest, sweetest hug he ever has.
And it was sweet payback for all the bad days up to that point. So miracles do happen. And mommies do get paid, just not in
1 comment:
That was sweet, Tara. Isn't it amazing what a hug will do for both of you? Good mom!!
Post a Comment