Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Birthday

Yeah, yeah, I know I have a lot to catch up on. I have a bagillion dress pictures to post. And pictures of the house. And vacation stuff. Oh yeah, and I'm now cooking through a cook book, so there are pics about that to post about as well. So to start all that off, and for those who still care (hi mom!), here is a summary of G's first birthday.
We went to the Dallas Aquarium


G got lots of love from his uncles

And from Grandma

And got lots of practice walking

We saw fish, of course

Manatees

An octopus

A turtle. And look, he's happy to see us.

More fish.

And a river otter. Not exactly the same as Otto Von Sea Otter, but a cousin.

G almost got eaten by sharks,

a leopard,

then in retaliation, tried to eat the uber cute gift shop toys.

I decided to make him a clown fish cake with the help of G's Aunt Jennifer.

I think it turned out great.

And here's G enjoying it. He got the bottom fin all to himself.

And here's some stats about G:

Likes:
  • pushing buttons, flipping switches, and figuring out how stuff works
  • putting things in baskets, bins, or cupboards
  • doing stuff on his own, without any help
Prefers:
  • being wet
  • being naked
  • what's on my plate to what's on his
  • new things over old
  • bananas, cheese, and cookies
Dislikes:
  • not being able to do what he wants
  • coming out of the bathroom
  • when Daddy leaves for work
  • when anyone closes him out of a room
So I guess he's a normal 1 year old. He's still super sweet and happy, and I think if he continues to feel like he's not ignored we will weather the toddler years without any deaths.

No comments: