Sunday, May 01, 2011

Utah Trip

So in my attempt to catch up on a bit of blogging (or three months worth) here's a look at our trip to Utah this March. I will post a part two when my laptop again reconnects to the central hard drive and all my pictures. While you wait for what may be sporadic posting, take heart, grandparents, that G's 2 year books are being shipped to me right now, and from me to you. Hopefully that will take the edge off.

G had a great time bonding with his grandparents. This is because unlike real parents, grandparents get to make everything other than their grandkids unimportant. They can put off housekeeping and making elaborate dinners for a day, or a few hours, and just focus on playing. This means I get to see a side of my parents that didn't exist during my childhood. Not that I'm complaining. As a parent, I totally see the necessity of letting the children entertain themselves. Anyway, here's the G Man playing with Cousin P and Grandpa.
It must have been a rare and warm afternoon. I think there were only two or three in the two weeks we were around.

Grandpa graciously volunteered to watch the kiddos while he sent the women to the spa. I'm not sure he realized what he was getting into.
Now that I remember from my childhood.

This picture is not nearly as frightening as it looks. Sweet G was just finishing giving his cousin a hug. He is not trying to push him over. I promise.
My sister and I decided to pack up the kids and hit the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum on St. Patrick's Day because she had discount passes. Turns out she didn't need them since it was get-in-free day for all parks and zoos in Utah! Which, while awesome, was problematic, since it was St. Patrick's Day. So we spent the day trying to keep track of two green boys amid a sea of green children and parents. I'm not sure any of the pictures truly capture the overwhelmingness of the green, but I was sure grateful P was wearing red pants and G was only minimally green.

He's a very responsible driver.
As much fun as sending the balls down the Planko-like board was, I think G liked lining them up more.
More to come.

No comments: