I do have this lovely picture for inspiration:
First you wrap the yarn around the wreath. I was careful with my stripes, but as you can see from the other 1/3, messy is still beautiful.
Speaking of beautiful, I had my lovely model show how light the wreath ends up, while still being sturdy.
Next, you make whatever embellishments you want from felt. I used the flower tutorial above for the flowers and then made up the clovers. I added buttons because, well I do things like that. I'm like the Bob Ross of wreath making, apparently.
Then you find a bow tutorial you like (I usually go to the Better Homes & Garden website) and make a bow.
Last, glue everything on the wreath. Wrap a ribbon around to hang, and enjoy!
And my stolen picture:
Happy March, everyone!
![]() And this link for an excellent tutorial. diy-yarn-wreath-with-felt-flowers
Which makes this blog post moot, but I'll do it anyway. Just in case you are allergic to linking.
Supplies:
Total
$6 or less
|
| Supplies |
Speaking of beautiful, I had my lovely model show how light the wreath ends up, while still being sturdy.
| So easy a baby can do it! |
Next, you make whatever embellishments you want from felt. I used the flower tutorial above for the flowers and then made up the clovers. I added buttons because, well I do things like that. I'm like the Bob Ross of wreath making, apparently.
| Fun with felt |
Last, glue everything on the wreath. Wrap a ribbon around to hang, and enjoy!
| Voila |
| Out Bob Ross-ed by paper flowers? |
Happy March, everyone!

5 comments:
Okay maybe you win :( I think your stripes are awesome, but my flowers were fabric, and they took forever. Perhaps I will out Bob Ross you next time. I need to get some felt so I can try those flowers. They look pretty fab.
those flowers are incredible, and i know how hard they are because i've tried and still cannot get it right. looks great!
Tea, I hope you are referring to my friend's fabric flowers. They did take a lot of time and effort. Mine were embarrassingly easy. Just follow the link. I can't help you with hers . . . until she teaches me all her tricks. I have some awesome baby headbands in mind for those . . .
Post a Comment