It started with an invitation
We planned the party for Saturday, not realizing that it was General Conference. But since Conference doesn't start until noon, we thought having 3 yr. olds run and run all morning might not be a bad idea.
Here's what we put in our gift bags. I looked everywhere for checkered flags, but in the end I made them out of a shower curtain, some black paint, and a straw. We also put a pair of racing goggles in them, too.
![]() |
| Racing goggles |
I made them out of card stock. It held up really well.
We set up outside. This sign was supposed to be on our table, but slanted yards and cups full of rocks don't mix.
Our "Pit Stop" table. We had gas and tires for everyone. (And presents for The Captain. It's Christmas all year round at our friend's house ;) )
a close up of the tires. They are just mini doughnuts and white frosting.
When our friends came, it was time for Red Light, Green Light.
Then we pulled out the race cars and goggles. Safety first.
Look who's in the lead.
Time for a pit stop.
Then back to racing.
Then it was time for cake.
Here's The Captain not blowing out his candles.
Everyone enjoyed the yummy Funfetti cake and ice cream. For the curious, the black streaks came from licking the frosting off the race car and wiping it off with his arm.
Then we opened presents.
By the end, even the very shyest of the little boys was ready to run around and play Red Light, Green Light. Though he still didn't want to wear a race car.
I call that a success! I guess it's time to start planning for next year . . .













2 comments:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Everything looks so cute.
cute, cute! Nice job sis
Post a Comment