Hey everyone. Happy Halloween!
It's been long enough that everyone is out of their Halloween candy comas, right? Good, then it's a good time to post about our costuming exploits this year. I'm sorry to say, with a single-minded preschooler, it wasn't really possible to have a family theme this year. Okay, I suppose we could have, but
he wanted to be Mario, and since we did that whole thing last year, I tried my best to convince him to be something else. It did not work until the day after I finished everyone's costumes--in other words, right when it was time to get into costume and party. But he still managed to be happy about his costume. And since it was super easy to make, I can't really complain.
Johnny found this awesome pair of pants at Goodwill and became 70's cop, or Miami drug dealer, you pick.
I was Dorothy. I just felt right. Please excuse my hair. It was much better the other two times I did it, but Marie, my French hair dresser had the night off.
My original plan was to make Joy Toto, but then a stroke of genius hit me, which is the only way I come up with good Halloween costumes.
She could be a luchador. Her wrestling name is the Star Spangler, which is on her cape but mostly unreadable in this picture.
I was pretty sure she wouldn't tolerate a mask, so I just made it a hood instead.
I put elastic bands on the cape so she could hold it to do her signature move, the Body Slam.
I was hoping to post a video of Joy's Body Slams in real life, but my phone and the interweb are currently not cooperating. I guess that means . . . bonus post sometime.









No comments:
Post a Comment