Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas has come to Town

I didn't really take lots of pictures this year during Christmas.  Sorry about that.  But our Christmas was pretty mellow with few presents and lots of family Skyping time, which doesn't really make for great pictures.    But we were happy to talk to those of you we got a hold of, and we thought of those of you we couldn't talk to, as well.  We're still working through all the Christmas calls, so we'll probably talk to you before January's finished.

Anyway, here are some of our festivities.  On Christmas Eve, we dressed up and acted out the Nativity story for Family Home Evening.  The Captain was an awesome shepherd.  
.
Joy was not happy to be wearing a costume

But she liked holding the baby and she was good at "treasuring things up in her heart" rather than speaking, so she made a good Mary.

I was the angel.  Here I am with my little angels: 

Then we opened up our new Christmas jammies and waited for Santa to come.

And he did!  
Stockings!

The Captain's big present this year was a bike.  This is his sweet helmet.  He pretty much wore it every second for two days straight.

Joy got a shopping cart.

And some jewelry.  

And when presents were over, we all ate some delicious pumpkin sweet rolls.  
  
see, they're really delicious.
We hope your Christmases were bright and happy.  I promise to post this week about the new year and all our plans.

No comments: