Friday, December 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Part 2

We woke up around 7 to doughnuts and cartoons.  Then when everyone had finished eating, we went for a swim in the hotel pool.  We came prepared with floaties, so The Captain was actually excited about it.  He did great.  And Miss Joy was super cute with her cherry swimsuit on.  Sorry about the lack of pictures, but I just can't seem to bring the camera around large bodies of water.  One day I will capture the cuteness . . . 

While Joy took a proper nap, the only one of the weekend, Johnny took The Captain shopping.  He was supposed to just go to Trader Joe's, but they went to Walmart, too.  Cause apparently he's crazy.  And I got a peaceful hour and a half in the hallway with my knitting.  

Then we drove to Sesame Place, a Sesame Street amusement park.
Don't let his face fool you, he was really excited to be here.
They had it all decorated for Christmas, muppet style.

The first thing we did was watch a show.  The kids were pretty entranced.  The Captain took it very seriously.  But they made it snow in the theater, so it was pretty cool.  
We got to meet Grover, one of The Captain's favorites.  And yes, I did plan on him wearing his Elmo shirt.  And there were several others in the exact same Elmo shirt walking around, too.

They had a place just for toddlers to play.  And while Joy was moving around shapes in her socks, The Captain was three stories up, climbing through rope tunnels.  I'm still not sure why I decided to be his chaperon for that part, I got really freaked out.  



He survived the Monster Pit, though he was knocked over a second after this shot.
I was very grateful that Johnny chose to go on the "teacup" ride with The Captain, since I do not do well with the fast spinning.  


He loved it.  And they were the fastest spinning teacup out there.

I chose my favorite ride to take The Captain on--the swings.
Most of the rides we could all go on together since Joy is tall enough to ride with an adult.

The kids lasted quite awhile.  I was impressed.  I did forget to pack some snacks, however, and food prices at amusement parks are akin to a punch in the kidneys--we survived, but it hurt.  

We ended the day with two rides on the roller coaster, once with Daddy and once with me. 
A super long wait for a bounce on Ernie's Bed.
I call this series "everything The Captain will never be allowed to do on a bed again"
We ended with Big Bird's Balloon ride, which stuck all of us in a hot air balloon basket that could spin, which The Captain wanted to do, very fast, and lift us up in the air and turned all the balloons in a circle.  So it was a combination of a Ferris wheel, swings, and the teacups.  Joy was not a fan.  And I got a little nauseated.  So we went on the carousel. The we took a break to look at all the pretty lights that they had turned on.  

And ran into one of my favorite people--Oscar the Grouch.  
I was putting on my grouchiest face.
Along the way, Johnny could not resist buying a big bag of kettle corn.  
Which is why when we were waiting for our dinner at IHOP, Joy threw up all over the table.  Sure, I could blame it on the spinning and face stuffing, but I like to think that she was so happy she just couldn't keep it all in. 





No comments: