Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cruise Pictures

It was awhile ago, but I'll give you the reader's digest version of our cruise anyway.  Because there's no way for you to stop me.  

Sunday: 
We played cards in the library that wasn't really as dark as the picture makes it look.

Ate lunch inches away from the ridiculously blue Caribbean Sea.

Johnny took a break from unpacking to contemplate Cuba, which we were passing.  Thanks for the window cabin, Mom & Dad!

All of us looking good for formal night about to watch some comedy.

Monday:
We went stand up paddleboarding.  It was surprisingly challenging. Once I got up, I somehow managed to stay up, I think I was the only one besides our instructors to do this the first leg of our journey.  Am I instinctively gifted at paddleboarding?  I doubt it.  I think my legs knew they wouldn't make it up if I had to try again.  And I certainly didn't want to look like a wimp in front of Johnny.   

However, on our way back, we had to wait and relax on the beach for awhile (sad life, I know) because the government was conducting military drills right in the middle of our journey back to the resort.  They finally gave us the go ahead, if we went outside the buoys.  Then they changed their minds, and we had to paddle as fast as we could back to the rocks by the shore.  Not really a problem, except they made this decision right after I fell off my board, the one and only time.  Ah, Mexico.

This is my new happy place.  

 Tuesday:
Mayan ruins.  I conquered those things.

Johnny and I ate at the chef's table.  This was just one of our seven courses that were all amazing both to look at and to eat.  

Wednesday:
Scuba diving.  What?  I don't look very happy?  That's because I was a little terrified, nervous, and all together unsure.  I can't say it was the most pleasant experience, mostly because my Eustachian tubes, that drain your ears, did NOT like the underwater pressure.  But I surprised myself by not freaking out and swallowing a lethal dose of sea water.  So that was good.

Thursday:
Horse back riding on the beach at Grand Cayman.  Johnny doesn't look as happy as me because this was his sacrificial excursion of the trip.

He was much happier when the sisters and their hubbies went together to swim with sting rays.  They were cool, and not a little creepy.  Feeding one was definitely an adventure.  

Friday:
While at sea, my brother got hit on by Madonna.  Nice work, Buddy!

2 comments:

Teandra said...

Great pic of Dad, and yes, the sting rays were creepy. Can we go back?

Lauren said...

Fun! Cute polka-dot swimming suit!