Story time:
I ran out of milk last night. Normally, I do my shopping on Wednesdays because it's double ad day at Sprouts and it gives us something to do before preschool. But I knew we couldn't really make it three days without milk. So after we dropped The Captain off at preschool, Joy and I went to Aldi's to pick up milk. As we were walking in, we saw Santa walking out.
For those of you not familiar with Aldi's, I will take a moment to explain. There is one entrance and one exit to Aldi's. They are sliding, motion-sensitive doors. They are transparent and are separated by a transparent wall. This keeps things moving in a definite flow pattern, and it never makes sense to go in the exit.
Santa stopped and waved at Joy through the transparent wall. She was excited to tell him about her new jacket, which is The Captain's bomber jacket that I dug out of the closet. He held up a finger to wait just a second and came inside the entrance. He asked if Joy would take a picture with him and if I had a cell phone. I said yes. She happily climbed into his arms and did a few high fives. Then she talked about it and told me the whole story a few times while we did our shopping at Aldi's.
Good day, I think.



1 comment:
Cute! J is a little bit afraid of Santa. He talks about him all of the time and then we saw him at the tiny little zoo and J wanted nothing to do with him. I was a little bit bummed.
Post a Comment