Friday, May 09, 2014

Johnny's a Master

So, a week after we got home from Europe/South Africa, we road tripped it to North Carolina.  Why?

 To see this.
And this.
And this. 

I didn't think Johnny's MBA graduation would be such a big deal for me, but it kind of felt like we were getting married again.  They did such a great job with the ceremony. Everything was very family friendly.  It was just a wonderful day.  

Well, there was some waiting before the ceremony.  
I caught this picture a few minutes before.  The kids are on my phones (my old one I keep around for just such occasions), and Johnny's parents are on their devices.  I obviously had to take pictures to keep myself occupied since my devices were taken.


 And those teddy bears the kids are holding, yeah, they were giving them out to all the kids on the way in.

I did say it was an awesome program, right?  

Well, we stayed afterwards and enjoyed the food at the reception.  Then we went to the student center so Johnny could buy some swag.  Joy fell asleep in the car, so Grandma stayed behind with her, and The Captain and I headed out to a garden nearby on campus to take some 5 year old pictures.  

He was awesome because he showed me his "moves" by which he meant poses.  He loved doing the shoot and really got into it.  I guess I've been doing this with him for awhile.  These were some of my favorites:

 


He was being an explorer.


1 comment:

heather.fowers said...

He looks so tall! I can't believe he is 5! Congrats to Johnny! I am glad it is all over.