Friday, September 12, 2014

Blessing Day

One of the things I loved when we first looked at our house was how much natural light it had.  It has wide, almost floor-to-ceiling windows in almost every room, plus 2 triple panel sliding glass doors.  It's a photographer's dream.  It wasn't so great before we got blinds, but it still comes in handy because almost any time of day, a room can be turned into a studio with a quick backdrop.  
Take Lee's blessing day.  We had time to kill before church, and I wanted to take pictures before the inevitable personal fluid explosion that happens on any and all cute outfits.  And there could not be an outfit cuter than this one my MIL made.  
(By the way, she totally exploded that night, so yes, it is inevitable.)


The whole point of the shoot is that I wanted this shot:

Still totally had to Photoshop some heads.  Plus Johnny's arm that was holding Lee up (it was safe, don't worry).  Worth it.  The rest of these shots are just bonus.

Daddy smiles

Daddy kisses

Big sister

Big brother

There was Photoshopping on this one too, but I don't have many pictures of myself with the kiddos, so I love it.  And the fact that I look good is a bonus--I don't tend to photograph well.


Grandma's quilt
Miss Joy wanted to take pictures on her Grandma blanket too.

And act like a baby

So did The Captain. Except for the act like a baby part.  Look at this handsome Kindergartener!

We had a wonderful weekend.  It is always nice to have visitors over and we had a full house for Labor Day.  I was so excited to have my little sister visit.  She has never been out to visit us since we left Utah.  We went swimming, played at the park, and ate Taco Bueno.  I feel like she got a good view of Texas.  

Also, Lee's blessing was beautiful and she was a champ the whole day.  She really is such a sweet, happy baby.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Don't feel like you have to write that because you know I'll read it. haha. I had a great time though!! Those pictures turned out great. I would not have known you photoshopped them. Guess you are pro.