Saturday, September 13, 2014

Open Barn Night

Now that I have a child in public school, I am privy to all sorts of random information that the school district sends me in multiple formats.  I got an email from them the other day that the local FFA was having an Open Barn Night to show their animals.  So we packed up the kids and headed to the farm. 

It was bright. 

This cow was so friendly, but Joy wouldn't touch it.  It licked my
hand twice.  It has a grey tongue with the same texture as a cat,
in case you were curious.

First contact, part 1
I love the cow's freaked out expression.

Chickens!

Giant hog.

First contact, part 2
This goat loved Lee.  I didn't see it stand up
for anyone else.
First contact, part 3
I think Lee was more okay with the chickens cause they were
closer to her own size.
Joy fed the sheep and the lamb.  She wasn't scared of them.  In
fact, she fed them several times.  
Bunny!
And some animal head shots.




As much fun as the animals were, the favorite part for the kids was the cookies.  They were actually set out at the beginning of the first barn, but we decided to come back at the end to eat some.  In fact, we were walking around the second barn (with the small animals) and it was not the way we had come.  It was faster and less bright and less smelly, but Joy was concerned, so we had this conversation:

Joy: This isn't the way to the sprinkle cookies.
Me: Do you trust me?
Joy: No, I do not.

I guess she cannot trust me where sprinkle cookies are involved.  

We did make it.  And not only did they have sprinkle cookies left, but they had Gatorade, or as Joy calls it, Gamma rayed.  


No comments: