Saturday, October 04, 2014

Dallas Temple

A few weeks ago we had a ward temple night.  The original plan was to get a sitter and go together for the first time in about 5 years, but alas, we discovered too late that Johnny's recommend had expired in August.  So sad.  

So we came up with Plan B.
I took the kids to see the temple.
They were very excited.  They thought they would be able to go inside, since we did that at the Gilbert, AZ temple open house, but had to settle for flowers and fountains instead.

The Captain had this picture planned out.
He wanted a silly picture.

This was The Captain's handy work.  He's becoming quite a
good photographer.

smelling the flowers, of course.

This was such a sweet moment of them playing together.
Then, of course, thirty seconds later they are shoving each other
hard enough to fall down on the grass.

Where was Little Lee?  Sleeping, of course.

The Captain said, "let's get some nature shots"


Running down the stairs

I love their different modes of climbing up.

I got to run around the fountain cause
Mommy couldn't climb up and stop me!

Look who woke up.
Johnny joined us after our photo shoot.  He took the kids to dinner using one of their free kids' meals they earned this summer at the library, while I did a session.  Then we met up to "see the lights".  Johnny forgot that since we drove separately he didn't have to wait for me, but the kids wanted to see the temple lit up at night, so it worked out.  It was a long day, but a fun one.  I'm glad the kids are so happy and excited to spend time at the Lord's house.  The Captain's looking forward to turning twelve so he can go inside.


No comments: