Thursday, November 20, 2014

Halloween is here . . . sort of

Yes, it's late, but I still want to document Halloween.  After all, it is one of our favorite holidays around here.  Since I was busy with a retirement party until the week before, I put off a lot of Halloween things because I didn't want to get overwhelmed.  Thus it came to pass that we were decorating pumpkins on October 30.

Joy with her pumpkin

The Captain with his pumpkin

The pumpkin we painted for Lee

Our Halloween dinner: Dracula soup, Halloween pasta, and
Ghost potatoes.
 And our Halloween costumes.  We actually took these pictures on the 1st, when our Ward had its Trunk-or-Treat, but by that point The Captain's costume had fallen apart.  So this is just a fraction of its Ninja Turtle Glory
He got many compliments for having a homemade shell, so I got a little kudos.  I tried to convince him to be Einstein, but he's past the age where he will let me pick his costume.


By contrast, Joy is easily manipulated sweet enough to do what I ask her to.  She literally asked me what I wanted her to be, and became very excited about being Amelia Earhart.
She's all about sticking her tongue out in
pictures these days.
And after much debate, it was determined that I would not be able to turn Lee into Einstein.  So in a twist, we decided to not make our baby cross dress, and instead present to you, Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth I


  I decided to stay with the Girl Power theme and went as Rosie the Riveter.  I won Most Original Costume at the Ward Party.
We can do it!
 Represent ladies!

1 comment:

Jen and Fielding said...

I like the costumes, and am happy with all of the epic female role models you picked. I had SEVERAL people who didn't know who Rosie was. Blew my mind.