Sunday, November 16, 2014

Retirement Party

This was a big reason why I was so busy in October.  Our favorite Preschool teacher was retiring, so I took it upon myself to throw her a party.  I was determined that she not fade quietly into the night.  After all, I had strangers at the park recommend her class to me when we first moved here.  It was obvious that she was an important part of the community and I knew that parents whose children had graduated out of her classes would be sad to learn that she had left without a chance to say goodbye.  

Luckily, I didn't have to do it alone.  I had great help from one of Miss Jill's friends, lots of Facebook involvement, and her coordinators at the city.  The party ended up amazing.  We had a wonderful turnout--easily more than 250 people, the food lasted, the kids had fun and we didn't have one injury.  I call that a success.  

This was the cake the city got for her. It says, "Best Wishes
From All Your Great Kids"

Miss Jill brought lollies. And we had name badges.

Getting a plaque from the city.


She wiped away lots of tears that day.




I made "I'm a Great Kid" t-shirts, since Miss Jill makes the
kids say that at the end of every class.  It was great to see a
wall-full of kids wearing them.

People brought presents

and gift cards.

And here she is with my two great kids.
We will miss her greatly.  I was so happy to be able to do something nice for her after 25 years of her teaching and loving children.  But I am not a party planner and hopefully I won't have to do that again for awhile.

No comments: