Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Miss Lee has a birthday

Miss Lee's birthday was on Memorial Day.  And since we haven't had many people to memorialize in recent years, we took advantage of being back in Texas to see my grandmother's grave.  It was the first time that we had seen the headstone.  Thanks to my dad's ridiculously accurate directions, we had no trouble finding it.  I thought it was appropriate for Lee to see it, since she was named for this grandmother.

And since we were in Ft. Worth, we decided to make the most of it by going to the Botanical Gardens (something I had also done with my grandmother shortly before she died, so it made a nice memorial as well.) 

We had a surprising amount of fun.

Of course, the kids do love anything involving the outdoors.

I finally have a new background picture for my phone. 

In front of the rose gardens.
The other two, of course, have to be in on the action.



We finished up, and headed home.  Luckily, I had packed our water things, and as the storm held off, we went to the splash pad to introduce Miss Lee to recreational water.  We were hoping it would be a hit, but it was rather cold.  And it wasn't too long before the thunderstorm sirens chased us out.

 So we stopped at the party store for some 1 year balloons.  I may have had a few pictures in mind.
Miss Lee was  . . . okay with the situation, but not happy.
Not even when we let her crawl around.

 And then she ripped that bow off her head.
And suddenly she couldn't stop smiling.

 That is, until I started trying to get her to stand up.
 She was not cooperating.
 But in the end, Mommy gets the photo she wants.  Even if it is a bit moody.
Then there was birthday cupcakes.
She opened her presents the next day and quite enjoyed the new toys.
As far as her stats go, she is 20# 3.5 oz.  And I have no idea how tall she is.  Somewhat taller than at 9 months.  I think around 29", the nurse doing the measuring didn't tell me and I couldn't catch a look fast enough.  Anyway, she's right around 60% on everything but head size and that's still around 40%, so she's growing well, healthy, and generally happy.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Such a little one. Those pictures are amazing. Love them all. Doesn't your dr write down all the stats for you?