Thursday, June 11, 2015

Perry Homestead

If you live in my area and you haven't been to the Perry Homestead, why not?  It took me way too long to visit and it is a great site for pictures, as you can see.
We went in the hopes of taking some six year pictures of The Captain, and discovered they were having a bluebonnet festival, so we joined in, did some coloring/crafts, ate some cookies, played some bean bag toss,
found some new friends and played soccer . . . 
which left Miss Lee and me with nothing to do but stand up by a log and take pictures.  
She doesn't seem too sad about that.
I did grab The Captain between matches to take some pictures, but it was just way too bright.
Joy, of course, had to be in on the action.

We had so much fun that I decided to take them back the next day.  Johnny was still out of town and it was a Sunday, so I got up, coordinated everyone's outfits, rushed them into their clothes, grabbed a blanket for the mud-soaked ground, and made it back to the bluebonnet field before the next storm hit.
 It's (un)surprisingly hard to get all three looking at the camera.  Especially when one is a cranky baby, and the other two are pretty concerned about fixing that.
 Proof that it wasn't all fun and games.
 And some by the fence.
 But we did find a winner for The Captain's six year shot.

 And a decent one of Joy as well.

 And too many of this little munchkin.

Hmm, a flower

Hey, I know you

And you, Mom

Hold up my flower?

You mean this flower?

Okay.
 And some of the birthday boy that won't make the cut.  I would have got a fabulous one here, but he got bitten by red ants 30 seconds after this picture was taken.
 His posing faces


 And a normal smile to end.



No comments: