Thursday, October 29, 2015

Did I forget to mention? Summer Roundup

Here's some things that happened this summer that I forgot to mention. 
The Captain lost his first tooth shortly after
Kindergarten got out.


One day our AC went out. Johnny was traveling, of course, so I called an AC repair guy, but they couldn't come until the morning, so we were without AC all night and most of the next day.  So we went to story time, lunch at the Rec Center,  and a super hero snack party at the library.  All in all, not a bad free way to stay out of the house until 4 pm.  The kids had a great time.  And food.  So they were saved from one catastrophe.  

We tried to do something fun everyday.  That lasted about a month, then it became once a week.  This was one of the fun things.  There were free concerts at the Mall, and Joy got called up on stage to dance during the pre-show.  She got a (huge) t-shirt and a bag of goodies.  Then both children were upset during the David Chicken concert.  I'm not sure why Joy was upset, she either did or didn't want to go up on stage again - I was never sure.  The Captain didn't want to be there until David Chicken mentioned that he had a friend with The Captain's same name.  Then suddenly he was sold.  So maybe not the most fun, but it got us out of the house. 


4th of July breakfast parade with the Ward. 



Playgroup activity at a petting zoo/farm in Irving.  It was crazy cool, and totally free.  If I hadn't thrown water on The Captain to cool him off - did NOT go well - we might still be there.

Oh, and this happened.
We had to stop family scripture study one night for some first steps.  It was one of the cutest things that's ever happened in our house.

After school started for The Captain, I took Joy to story time at the science museum.  It was awesome, but I quickly realized that we needed to get this girl into preschool.  
bubbles

doing science

mini scientist


No comments: