Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Reunion Time! Part 1 - Lighthouse

So our family reunion this year was for my family.  We went to Crater Lake.  Since it was in the middle of August, it saved us from slowly hating each other as we ran out of things to do in the dogs days of summer. It was a nice reprieve from the heat.  It was wonderful to see our family again, and meet some of my nephews for the first time.  In short, it was glorious.  

So get ready for picture overload. 

We decided to go early to the reunion and spend some time vacationing in the redwoods before we met up with everyone.  It is my favorite place on the planet and no one else in the fam had been there, so it seemed a waste to be so close and not introduce them.  We flew into Eugene late, slept, rented a car, and drove down the coast.  We stopped at a small town for their farmer's market and had blueberries, homemade humus, and chocolate for lunch.  While we were there, we got a flier for a dinosaur park.  More on that in the next post. 

And we stopped at a lighthouse.  Of course.  We have none in Texas, that I know of, so we wanted to show them to the kids take some awesome pictures.  What can I say?  I pack my camera, I'm going to fit in some photo shoots.



Super girl!


Once this cuteness started, I jumped in on the action.


You always start with the traditional family picture . . . then things deteriorate, or in my line of work - get awesome.


The super hero thing was kind of a theme for this shoot. 




There's a reason we call her Joy.  This girl
pretty much has fun everywhere.

But she's beautiful when she's just sitting still, too.

Then this guy wanted his own solo time, too.  Which usually involves poses of his own invention.  I contribute some pointers.




In conclusion, yes lighthouses make for good photo locations.  

No comments: