Friday, May 26, 2006

Interview

I got interviewed the other day by a friend of a girl in my hall. She is in a newspaper class and needed to interview a stranger and I volunteered. Mostly we talked about my job and what impact it had on me and the girls in my hall. She asked me what I would wish for the school, and I said that I wish the students here would be more open-minded. I think in this culture we tend to be superficial and try to hide our flaws because we think that if we aren't perfect, other's won't think the gospel is perfect. So we try to conform to the hive mentality around us. But we are such a supportive and friendly culture that if we just opened our eyes and our hearts to those around us struggling with issues like homosexuality or eating disorders or things like that, then we could be help to those around us. But some many people choose to close their eyes. . .

Anyway, I was really glad that I got to do this interview because it's been a tough week at work. I hate cleaning checks. I have to be the inforcer, the police man, and I hate that role. Plus they're time consuming and annoying. It was nice to remember why I'm doing this job, why I decided to keep doing this job until August. It's hard, but I am making a difference. I've met some of the most incredible people though this job as well. This is a picture of the other people I worked with last year. They were all amazing people. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have made it. Honestly. (Also notice my beautiful Diva tree in the background. I had a lot of fun making the decorations for that.) Okay, so I'll post the pics later, when my blogger is cooperating.

2 comments:

Tara Jayne said...

hey, is that pic from our night at Abravanel?

Morgan said...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Blog often. Update often.

Hmn.