Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stupid Human Tricks

No, not the stuff on late night talk shows, but the tricks the stupid human inside me likes to play. For example, this one time, I was driving to Magna, and I decided to take the long way, I-80. Well after successfully fulfilling my purpose in Magna, I get back on SR201 to get onto to I-80. I turn onto the street that leads to I-80 West (the way I need to go) and think, I don't need to go WEST, I need to go EAST. Yeah, no idea where this stupid person comes from. So I get onto I-80 and immediately realize that I've been tricked. So I turn around in Tooele, but the on ramp for the freeway isn't an easy turn away from the offramp like every other exit. Oh no, I have to go down another SR and then make a left, turn around, then backtrack to the freeway.

And then another time, I was going to Magna, and I took the short way this time, I-215 to SR201. Get done, get back on SR201 and head back to work. I see the 215 exits and think, ok, I have to go NORTH to get back to work. Then immediately merge into the southbound exit. Why? because the stupid person inside my head freaked out and tricked me. So after much stress (yet another exit that's not normal, the onramp for the Northbound is a right turn after you exit . . . not cool) I finally got onto I-15 and went back.

So I thought maybe the stupid person just didn't like Magna for whatever reason because I hadn't seen or heard from him in awhile (yes, he's male because that makes sense), but then he struck again. This time it was at the court house. I was filing some documents. This is not a hard task. There's a date stamp and you stamp the original, put it in the basket, stamp the copy and take that back. To make it even easier, the originals are papercliped and the copies are stapled, so you don't get confused. (Yes, a monkey could do my job, but don't worry, I'm working on making myself indispensible.) I did this with 5 documents, then walked back to work. When I gave them to the assistant who needed them, I noticed a paperclip. Yes, I had stamped an original and taken it back with me. So I had to walk back to the court just to drop off a paper in a basket. My life would be so much easier without the stupid man inside of me. Luckily it was a nice day.

But I think I've figured out the problem. I spend hours somedays doing ridiculously menial tasks like taking out staples, copying, scaning, and 3-hole punching, which is what I was doing yesterday. I think this results in a serious lack of brain cells in a particular section of my brain that has turned into Stupid Man. He rears his ugly head when the rest of my brain takes a vacation to escape the boredom. I'm going to have to cut back on vacation time, for my own sake.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Tara:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! When are we going to play? I hope soon! LOVE YOU!