So, I put together this awesome best-of 80's CD for my wedding, and now I'm ready to put together part 2, and I'm interested to know what all 5 of you readers think the best 80's songs are. I'll tell you what's on part 1 so I won't have to get tons of duplicates.
Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles --- (Sadly, I found out this song shouldn't really qualify since it came out in 1979 *sniff* so sad.)
Sweet Dreams - The Eurithmics
Take On Me - A-Ha
Material Girl - Madonna
Rosanna - Toto
Africa - Toto
Down Under - Men at Work
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham
500 Miles - The Proclamers
Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Always Something There to Remind Me - Naked Eyes
There's probably one more, but I can't remember. Anyway, which 80's songs are your favorite?
4 comments:
Hi. You don't know me, but I still think 80s music is awesome -- or at least has awesome moments -- so I hope you don't mind my comment.
I vote for some Police (they have some good ones besides that stalker song "Every Breath You Take") and something from U2's "Joshua Tree" album. Also, you can't go wrong with most stuff by John Mellencamp, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" or "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper, "We Belong" by Pat Benetar, "The Promise" by When in Rome, "Heart of Glass" by Blondie, "Walk Like an Egyptian" and "Eternal Flame" by The Bangles, and....
okay, I'll stop now.
Tara.
I hate 80s music. I thought we were friends.
:)
Mo- Linds is right (can I call you Linds?) 80's music is awesome, and I'll tell you why I love it. It has fantasticly long intros that are often unrelated. Plus the songs seem to share an unexcused enjoyment of gratuitous keyboard solos, which quite frankly, I share. And Linds reminded me that not only have I neglected some of the greats of the era, but also Duran Duran, Erasure, REM, and a sad lack of David Bowe. But I will remedy this, I promise.
Also, I remembered two songs that are on my first installment of the Best Of. . . Kyrie - Mr. Mister, and Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benetar. So I didn't completely miss one of the only singers to go from opera to rock, Ms. Benetar. Plus, for anyone who enjoys 13 Going on 30 as much as I do, Love is a Battlefield is a must.
tara,
You asked for it, you got it. But can I just say, if you ever listen to 99.5 they always play 80's. Here are just a few I've come up with......
1. no one is to blame-howard jones
2.the look-roxette
3.cars-gary newman
4. I need you tonight-in excess
5.hungry like the wolf-duran duran
6.every rose has its thorn-poison
7.jump-van halen
8.bad to the bone-george thorogood
9.chains of love-erasure
10.whip it
11.love shack-b52s
12.time after time
13.dance w/somebody-whitney houston
14. mony mony
15. she blinded me w/science-thomas dolby
16. higher ground-red hot chili peppers
17.rebel yell-billy idol
18.hit me w/your best shot-pat benatar
19. you can't touch this-mc hammer
I do have an 80's cd if you want to borrow it.let me know if you need more. My list alone is a cd, you see. After all...i was born in the 80's you know...
Post a Comment