Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Goodbye Sun, I guess I never saw you that much anyway

All opposed to the switch from Daylight Savings Time, please say "aye".

I can't tell you how messed up my body feels now. I wake up and feel like I've overslept and like I should be somewhere already because it's so light outside. And in my personal opinion, there are few things worse in this world than when you wake up late. That initial panic, that feeling of stupidity, the horrible knot in your stomach that says there is absolutely nothing you can do about it now, and the overwhelming desire for a time machine to get back those 2-60 minutes that would make all the difference. There is nothing to compare. So fighting off that feeling every morning is a little much.

Then, there's the sunset. I am all about sunsets, I just like them to happen after I get home from work. I feel like it's so late when I leave and it's completely dark outside. Like somehow I've been punished and had to work late for whatever reason. But no, it's really the right time to leave. I just get to feel punished by the sun. And then I get home and feel like I can't do anything because it's too late. I don't want to start a project and not be able to get through it before I have to go to bed. It cuts down on my productivity considerably.

So goodbye Sun. I'll miss you. I wish I saw you more, but I guess it wouldn't matter because you're too weak for me to enjoy any warmth from you anyway. I never really saw you as it was. But that doesn't mean we didn't have a good relationship. I'll call you sometime . . .

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Nay!!
I love daylight savings. I can actually see when I go to work in the morning, it helps wake me up. I get off before the sun is down so it doesn't hinder me. It's great! Plus you forgot to mention the hour of extra sleep was fabulous! You can't argue with that!

P.S. CHECK YOUR VOICEMAIL!!!!